Capernwray is a place where God changes lives, and has been doing so since the very first guests in 1947. We are an international, interdenominational, Christian Bible School offering short-term courses. We run a wide range of Christian holidays for all ages throughout the year. We also offer our sports and other facilities for hire and to the public at certain times. Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His Church worldwide.
Our Audio Visual voluntary workers assist the IT team at Capernwray Hall to provide audio/visual requirements for teaching sessions, worship and activities during our Holiday Weeks.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Operating the sound studio for morning and evening meetings, including the use of the sound desk, projectors and recording equipment;
- Providing music requirements for activities such as games nights, onsite ‘carnivals’, outside concerts;
- Providing projection of films and other clips as required by the Holiday Team;
- Liaising with the Holiday Team to provide a smooth running of activities and events for the Guests attending the Holiday Weeks.
At busy times for our Housekeeping Team, you may also be required to help out with changing beds and cleaning required to keep the place clean and welcoming for our Guests.
The work is busy but it is a great opportunity to serve the Lord by serving others, as well as an opportunity to work and relax with an international team.
You do not need to have previous experience in a similar role, as full instruction and training will be given. However, a desire and willingness to learn is essential for this position and it is a great role for someone with an interest in sound and technology.
Essential attributes for all our Voluntary Workers:
- Well presented and personable with a friendly disposition
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Communicate confidently in English
- Willingness to engage in training
- A passion for supporting and serving others
- Over 18 years
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship requirements
- A desire to serve within a Christian community