We are looking for a temporary assistant to our Dining Hall Supervisor at Capernwray to ensure that our students and holiday guests receive excellent customer service with their 3 meals a day, coffee breaks, snacks and other refreshments. You will work up to 37.5 hours (over 4-5 days) each week, including an average of 1 weekend in 2. This is a short term opportunity to do something you might not usually do, to help at Capernwray for a particular season.
Your role will include ‘front of house’ responsibilities, alongside cleaning and hygiene responsibilities in the Dining Hall. For some meals you will be responsible (once trained), at other times you will be part of a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- liaison with the team of chefs to ensure restocking of the buffet food service
- clearing away meals
- provision of mid morning refreshments
- awareness of special diet meals
- being the first port of call for students and guests with queries about food service
- ensuring that health and safety standards, including allergen requirements, are observed in the Dining Hall
- maintaining accurate health and safety records each day
- regular cleaning and preparation of the Dining Hall for ordinary and special events
- the operation, cleaning and refilling of the Dining Hall catering equipment (including bean to cup coffee machines)
- assisting with stock control of self-serve and buffet items to ensure orders can be made in a timely manner
- training, encouraging and supporting other staff, ministry assistants and volunteers designated to assist you (including students assigned to Dining Hall and wash-up duties)
- doing, training and supervising others in washing-up, pot-washing, laundry and cleaning tasks