Capernwray is a place where God changes lives, and has been doing so since the very first guests in 1947. We are an international, interdenominational, Christian Bible School offering short-term courses. We run a wide range of Christian holidays for all ages throughout the year. We also offer our sports and other facilities for hire and to the public at certain times. Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His Church worldwide.
Our Guest Team voluntary workers assist in the preparation and delivery of the daily programme of meetings and activities. You will interact with guests, share your faith, provide a safe and encouraging atmosphere and be an example to children, young people and adults.
- Active involvement in preparing and delivering the daily programme of activities and meetings, including supporting leaders in delivering the children’s or youth work where applicable
- Interact with guests (Chatting and socialising with guests, creating an inclusive atmosphere for all)
- Eat meals with guests and giving announcements
- Attend and participate in daily team meetings as required
- Adhering to and maintaining our Child Protection Policy, ensuring the safety of all guests, especially children and vulnerable adults
- Care of facilities & evening lock-up responsibilities
You will be working alongside a great team of volunteers & staff, where we ensure that our guests are looked after physically, spiritually, and mentally.
We want our guests to relax on their holiday and guide them to Christ by our everyday example. You may find that a guest confides in you, sharing some of their life story with you. You should see this as a privilege, whilst being wise in knowing what you can deal with.
You will be actively involved in our mission statement through discussing and sharing your faith & story with a variety of guests.
Essential attributes for Guest Team Voluntary Workers:
- Living and active Christian faith
- Good moral character, integrity and relative maturity
- Able and willing to lead individuals to Christ and/or discuss spiritual matters
- Good interpersonal skills (willing to initiate conversations & help guests feel at ease)
- Prepared for early starts and late finishes
- Ability to serve in a team and take direction
- Ability to enthusiastically lead activities (sports, social events, quizzes etc.)
- Able to provide 2 referees who will be in a position to comment (in English) on the applicant’s suitability for the position
Desirable Attributes for the Guest Team Voluntary Workers:
- Creative ministry abilities (musical, singer, drama, choir skills etc.)
- Driver for trips and journeys (Capernwray cars & minibuses)
- Equipped & able to offer specific activities (crafts, exercise class, survival skills etc.)
Essential Attributes for all our Voluntary Workers:
- Well presented and personable with a friendly disposition
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Communicate confidently in English
- Willingness to engage in training
- A passion for supporting and serving others
- Over 18 years
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship requirements
- A desire to serve within a Christian community