As part of our Buildings and Maintenance team at Capernwray Hall, you will be part of the team that ensures the ongoing upkeep of the beautiful buildings and grounds. You will be a member of a busy department involving a variety of tasks and activities, both indoors and outdoors.
While living and serving at Capernwray, you are expected to engage fully in all that Christian community life offers. There will be opportunities to participate in prayer meetings and Bible studies, community worship and to attend a local church. In addition, you will also be invited to join Bible School lectures and programme activities when feasible. A support programme specifically for our volunteers includes a weekly gathering, Bible study, day trips, family groups, as well as a designated prayer partner.
Day to day responsibilities include
- Carry out daily maintenance;
- Cutting of lawns and grass areas using lawnmowers and strimmers;
- Painting of external walls and window frames;
- Maintaining paths and roadways – keeping them clean and clear using leaf blowers;
- Supporting internal renovation works including painting and possibly wallpapering;
- The daily collection and clearing of rubbish;
- Assisting with administrative tasks using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications
- An interest in gaining experience in buildings’ and grounds’ maintenance;
- Reliable with good organisational skills;
- Willingness to engage in training;
- Communicate confidently in English;
- Well presented and personable with a friendly disposition;
- A passion for supporting and serving others;
- Over 18 years old;
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship requirements;
- A desire to serve within a Christian community.
- Previous experience undertaking practical tasks, including decorating and repairs;
- Current First Aid certificate;
- Experienced driver of manual gearbox vehicles.
You do not need to have previous experience in a similar role, however a desire and willingness to learn is essential for this position.