Capernwray is a place where God changes lives, and has been doing so since the very first guests in 1947. We are an international, interdenominational, Christian Bible School offering short-term courses. We run a wide range of Christian holidays for all ages throughout the year. We also offer our sports and other facilities for hire and to the public at certain times. Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His Church worldwide.
Our Buildings and Maintenance voluntary workers assist the Maintenance team at Capernwray Hall, helping to ensure that the Bible School students and holiday guests can enjoy our buildings and grounds throughout the year.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Carrying out daily plumbing, electrical and general repairs
- Cutting lawns and grass areas using petrol lawnmowers and strimmers
- Painting of external walls and window frames
- Maintaining the paths and roadways – keeping them clean and clear of leaves etc
- Decoration: wallpapering and painting bedrooms and public rooms
- Daily collection of rubbish in our site pick up truck
- Driving our on site truck (if you have a driving licence)
During the summer months, from the middle of June until the middle of September you will also be required to help out the Housekeeping Department with getting rooms cleaned on Saturday mornings ready for new holiday guests.
The work is busy but it is a great opportunity to serve the Lord by serving others, as well as an opportunity to work and relax with an international team.
You do not need to have previous experience in a similar role, as full instruction and training will be given. However, a desire and willingness to learn is essential for this position.
While living and serving at Capernwray, you are expected to engage fully in all that Christian community life offers. There will be opportunities to participate in prayer meetings and Bible studies, community worship and to attend a local church. In addition, you will also be invited to join Bible School lectures and programme activities when feasible. A support programme specifically for our volunteers includes a weekly gathering for Bible study, day trips, small ‘family’ groups, as well as a designated prayer partner.
Essential attributes for all our Voluntary Workers:
- Well presented and personable with a friendly disposition
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Communicate confidently in English
- Willingness to engage in training
- A passion for supporting and serving others
- Over 18 years
- Eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship requirements
- A desire to serve within a Christian community