Voluntary role for 6-12 months
Do you have a pastoral heart for our female students?
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve in residential Christian ministry?
Do you love to help people mature in their faith?
Do you already understand how Capernwray or Torchbearers International operates?
If so, might you like to join us in a one year, full-time voluntary role as the Assistant to our Dean of Female Students?
We are looking for someone to start in Summer 2023 or September 2023. It is a full-time voluntary role for 6 – 12 months, and you must have the right to work in the UK (British citizen or eg Youth Mobility Visa). We will provide accommodation and all your meals, plus travel expenses to cover the cost of your travel from your home to Capernwray. We will provide training in Christian counselling and mental health first aid as required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and engaging in the Christian and pastoral care of the student body at Capernwray Bible School.
- Living on site to be visible during the day and available for students out of hours.
- Being available for spontaneous needs of students eg meeting with students, discerning their spiritual and emotional health, and unexpected emergencies.
- Being a member of the guest team and leading activities during the holiday programmes.
Potential additional responsibilities will include:
- Driving students
- Assisting in another Capernwray department (depending on skills).
This role carries an occupational requirement for the applicant to be an active Christian and to subscribe to Capernwray’s Statement of Faith.
To discuss the role further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please complete our online voluntary worker application here (selecting the Assistant Dean option in the drop down box).
Closing date to apply is 30 April 2023.
Interviews will be held in person or by Zoom.