Please take time to read the following terms and conditions carefully. They are the basis of the contract between yourself and The Capernwray Missionary Fellowship of Torchbearers (“Capernwray Holidays” or “we” or “us”). A contract will exist between Capernwray Holidays and yourself when we receive your booking form and deposit. In return you will receive from us a booking confirmation slip and receipt for the payment received. If you think anything is incorrect and needs our attention, please contact us immediately.
1. The prices in the brochure/website are for full board, standard accommodation. The price stated is the price per person per holiday and is correct at the time of going to press. We reserve the right to amend the fees if necessary. All payments must be in Pounds Sterling.
2. If you request a small room (2 or 3 bedded rooms) or an en-suite room (2 bedded rooms) you will be charged a supplement of £10/£15 per person per weekend, or £15/£30 per person per week. We only have a limited amount of small rooms and availability of these cannot be guaranteed.
3. A non-refundable deposit of £35 per person per holiday plus optional cancellation cover of £1 per person, per night (if required) must be paid when making a booking. You will be deemed to have declined this cancellation cover if you do not include the payment with your deposit on your booking form.
4. The amount paid (deposit and cancellation cover) will be given in the ‘confirmation of booking’ letter. The outstanding balance is due six weeks before the start of your holiday.
5. If you are booking a holiday less than six weeks before the holiday start date, the full cost is payable at time of booking.
6. A cancellation of a booking is only acceptable if received in writing. In the event of a cancellation, the deposit and cancellation cover is forfeited, and if the cancellation is made 28 days or less before the start of the holiday, the following charges will apply: between 28 and 14 days prior to arrival, 50% of the total holiday cost is forfeited; between 14 and 7 days prior to arrival, 75% of the total holiday cost is forfeited; less than 7 days prior to arrival, 100% of the total holiday cost is forfeited. If you have paid for cancellation cover and the reason for cancelling is beyond your control, only the deposit and cancellation cover premium will be forfeited.
7. If you prefer not to accept our cancellation cover we recommend you safeguard your possible loss of part or all of your holiday cost by taking out cancellation and/or travel insurance.
8. Personal property is your responsibility at all times. A safe is available at reception for travel documents, money and other smaller items. Capernwray Holidays is insured for public liability.
9. Travel Visas. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visa to allow you to join us, prior to arrival in the UK.
10. We can cater for vegetarians and will try to cater for medically essential diets whenever possible, if we are given details in advance of your visit.
11. The parking of cars, motor cycles and other vehicles is entirely at the risk of the vehicle owner.
12. Guests are requested not to arrive earlier than 4.00pm at the beginning of their stay, and to vacate their bedroom no later than 10.00am on the day of departure, except for Men’s Weekend and our (short) Ladies’ Weekend when guests should leave after lunch on Sunday. We regret when one conference starts the same day as another finishes, the bedrooms may not be available until 4.00pm on the day of arrival.
13. We regret we cannot allow any pets. Service animals are welcome.
14. Some optional activities and trips that may be offered during your holiday carry additional charges. Bookings and payment will be arranged during your stay.
15. We do not allow alcohol or drugs on site at Capernwray Hall and ask our guests to respect our wishes in this matter. In addition, we ask that guests in our care who are under 18 years of age do not bring, obtain or consume alcohol or drugs on or off site during their stay.
18. Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. In the event of any matter or dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, you and we shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.