Last Spring School, for the first time, we trialled new ’study streams’. Depending on their gifts, passions and sense of calling students opted in to one of a series of Friday training opportunities where they were coached by specialists in particular ministries. It went well, so in Spring School 2024 we’re repeating and expanding it.
If all goes according to plan, students will have a choice of:
- Outward Bound: day-long adventures in the South Lakes learning biblical discipleship principles through hiking, climbing and kayaking.
- Faith and the Arts: testimony, Bible principles and master-classes from Christian artists, including comedian Paul Kerensa, novelist Sharon Garlough-Brown and e-game designer George Herrera, plus the chance for students to create and submit artwork for an end-of-school show.
- Worship and Songwriting: training in leading and writing sung worship, using Capernwray’s new music practice rooms and including a session with worship leader and songwriter Laura Story.
- Christian Schools Work: training and in-school experience, led by Jemma Wraight, Capernwray’s Outreach Coordinator.
- Teaching and Leadership: training and practice in preparing and leading local church services, including input from Capernwray staff and visiting preachers and leaders.
- Faith on the Frontline: principles and practices of being salt and light in the secular workplace.
As ever, we’d so value your prayers as we prepare for these new opportunities. They’ll form just part of the wider ten-week programme of studying God’s word together in community as we grow in the likeness and understanding of our Lord Jesus. If you know someone who you think would benefit, point them in the direction of the website. Even better, come yourself!